A good application can be your entry ticket into our company. Don't forget that you never get a second chance to make a good first impression. This means it is all the more important that you give us concise, important information about your qualifications, interests and personality. Convince us that you are the right person for the job. So be sure to take heed of the following tips:
1. The application
A complete application comprises:
- A letter of application
- A CV
- Relevant certificates
Important: your application documents should be neat and orderly and compiled in the given sequence.
2. The letter of application
Why are you the right person for the job? Give us a first impression of your personality and motivation for the job.
- Where did you see the position advertised?
- What position are you applying for?
- Why are you interested in this training position?
- What do you expect from your new profession?
- What makes you particularly suited to this training (abilities and motivation)?
- Tell us why it would be of such value to us to employ you
- Ask us to invite you for a personal interview
All in all, the letter of application should be no longer than one A4 page. You may also include a cover page with the letter of application, if you wish.
3. The CV
This must contain important personal details:
- The CV should be in tabular form
- Do not forget your name, age and place of residence
- Include your education history, stating your school certificates, and any practical training and/or preparatory course you have completed
- Mention your interests and hobbies
- Describe your abilities; take the opportunity to build a bridge to your desired place of training
- Include a professionally taken application photograph either in your CV or on the cover page
4. Your certificates
Do not forget your certificates!
- Most important are your last two school certificates and your final certificate (if available)
- Include work references
- Also include certifications of completed work placements
Have you made the effort to follow all these tips? Then your application has got off to a good start – we wish you the best of luck.